Are you ready for this year’s Independence Day #HIT100 event?!
Let the fun begin!
Remember, this is not a vanity contest but a means to allow our community to learn about each other and follow each other. We have referred to it as a #HealthIT and #HITsm #FollowFriday on steroids.
This year there are some changes, hopefully all good for everyone. Some rules will change so that we can leverage the analytical tools put in place for this year’s event.
I’ve assembled a real-time, or near real-time, analytical platform to capture the #HIT100 stream with other associated hashtags.
I did this to avoid what happened in 2014 where I had some personal issues and I was unable to keep up with the effort.
To learn more visit: Building a Near Real-Time Discovery Platform with AWS by Assaf Mentzer.
The tweets stream, which will start being collected today at noon, is filtered with the following hashtags:
(Each nomination should have all of these)
- #HIT100 or #HIT99 (One or the other is required)
(Please use only one of them so that the analytics have value)
- #HealthIT (Optional but helps filter unwanted noise)
- #HITsm (Optional but helps filter unwanted noise – please do not use on Friday’s between 10:30 AM and 12:30 PM Central Time)
- #FHIR (Optional)
- #Interoperability (Optional)
- #PersonalizedMedicine or #PrecisionMedicine (Optional)
Some rules will change this year due to the analytical tools being put in place for the first time:
- Nominations start Friday July 1st 2016 at 6PM and end on Friday July 8th at 6PM
- Only one person at a time may be nominated. Multi-nominations in one tweet will not be counted though they might form part of the analytical information base
- Only direct nominations will be counted. Retweets will not be counted though they may be analyzed for further enjoyment
- Favorites will not be counted though they may be analyzed for further entertainment
- There will only be one cycle of nominations. No delegates or super-delegates here
- I reserve the judgement to disqualify a nomination that I find suspicious for any reason
- You are encouraged to include one of the optional hashtags above so that we can process with analytics to get some statistics about each one of them
- You can add a sentiment to the end of the nomination
- You must have fun and please follow each other as you discover new members of our community